This challenge is now closed. Please check back on Tuesday for the winner and on Thursday for the start of the next challenge.
****We're trying something new this week. Please be sure to scroll to the bottom of the post to read the details.****
A creative challenge open to all members of Etsy!
Create a treasury around the Inspiration Item. Win the Challenge and the Inspiration Item for the next Challenge will be something of yours! Who knows how many treasuries will be created with your item!
Everyone is welcome to take part in this Challenge. There's no team to join.
KitzieG will be judging the Challenge this week. It's totally up to her as to what she's looking for. Make the best treasury you can and just maybe one of your items will be featured in our next Challenge!
Please read the guidelines carefully before creating your treasury.
Our Inspiration Item is.....
Paint Palette Typography Postcards - Set of Six from KitzieG
Create one treasury using the Inspiration Item above as one item in your treasury. Fill the rest of the treasury with any other items on etsy. Follow etsy's treasury guidelines. Do not include any of your own items. Make your treasury awesome. Add descriptive tags and give it a creative title.
Use etsy's Merchandising Desk ideas when possible. Some possible tags from December's and January's Merchandising Desk - gift guide, gifts under $..., gifts for her, him, coworker, friends, bibliophile, home decor, wall decor ...
You have three days - until Sunday, December 26th, (noon - eastern) to create your treasury.
Requirements for Participation in this Challenge...
1. Read the guidelines. (Remember - only one entry per person)
2. Include the Inspiration Item in any of the first 12 spots (not as an alternate).
3. Tag your treasury with nonteamchallenge 11. (separated by a space) Be sure that it shows up in this search by the deadline for judging. (If your treasury doesn't show up there, it won't be judged.)
4. Be sure to include a link to the blog or this post in your treasury description. If it doesn't fit into the description, you may leave it in the first comment. http://treasurychallengenonteam.blogspot.com/2010/12/nonteam-treasury-challenge-11.html
5. Make sure that if you win, you'll be available to judge the next week's Challenge - and report the winning treasury by the next Monday.
6. Support other participants - View/Comment/Click on other treasuries in the Challenge.
1. Become a follower of this blog to stay in touch with each new challenge and challenge winner.
2. Leave a link to your treasury in our new weekly promo thread by the deadline. Please don't leave a link in our ETC thread.
Suggestions (not required) ...
* Keep your treasury updated during the Challenge. Replace sold/expired items. (Don't replace the Inspiration Item with something else should it sell.)
* Tweet, Facebook, Blog, etc to spread the word about your treasury and our Challenges.
* Use items from other participating shops if you'd like and if their items fit your theme.
* Convo people that you included in your treasury.
* Join us in our Challenge #11 chatting thread in Etc.
* Come back next week to participate again!
Time to make some treasuries!
Please double-check the requirements above after you've created your treasury to be sure that you've fulfilled them all.
This challenge ends Sunday, December 26th (noon - eastern).
The winning treasury will be posted on Tuesday, December 28th (noon - eastern).
The new Inspiration Item, and the next Challenge will be posted on Thursday, December 30th (noon - eastern).
**** Let's see if we can make including nonteam members in our treasuries a little easier. (Including members isn't required, just a nice way to promote others.)
We're going to use nonteamchallenge 11 (with a space) as a tag on our items for this week only. This will make searching nonteam members' shops super easy. If you're creating a white treasury for example, just search "nonteamchallenge 11 white" on etsy. All items with both tags will come up.
Only use this tag on your items if you are creating a treasury THIS week. You don't have to wait until after you create the treasury. You can start using it now so that it's there when people start curating.
Next week, the tag will change to 12 (if this goes well and we decide to continue with it). That way, only shops that are currently participating will receive the shop exposure. You can change your tags just before the start of the next challenge if you plan to participate. Challenges always end on Sundays and start on Thursdays.
You may tag only items that you think may fit the current theme, or tag all of your items. It's up to you. Just remember that you'll want to remove the tags next week if you won't be participating or you'll want to change those tags next week to the new number if you are participating.
"Etsy on Sale" has a nifty Tag Tool to make editing tags easier. You might want to check it out.
Tagging your items is not a requirement for participation. It's just another way to hopefully receive some shop exposure in return for participating. If you think it's worth the time to edit tags, then please give it a shot.
If you're making a Just-For-Fun nonteam treasury, this item tag will come in handy there too!
The list of participating shops will still remain on the sidebar of the blog. Having your link there is a perk of your participation. It's still a great way to see who's participating and check out the shops.
If you have any questions, just ask in our etc thread.
We'll see how this goes and let you know next week if we're going to continue with it.