This challenge is now closed. Please check back on Tuesday for the winner and on Thursday for the start of the next challenge.
A creative challenge open to all members of Etsy!
Create a treasury around the Inspiration Item. Win the Challenge and the Inspiration Item for the next Challenge will be something of yours! Who knows how many treasuries will be created with your item!
Everyone is welcome to take part in this Challenge. There's no team to join. Eljuks will be judging the Challenge this week. It's totally up to her as to what she's looking for. Make the best treasury you can and just maybe one of your items will be featured in our next Challenge!
Please read the guidelines carefully before creating your treasury.
Our Inspiration Item is.....
Hand knitted baby socks /Autumn yellow/ from eljuks
Create one treasury using the Inspiration Item above as one item in your treasury. Fill the rest of the treasury with any other items on etsy. Follow etsy's treasury guidelines. Do not include any of your own items. Make your treasury awesome. Add descriptive tags and give it a creative title.
Use etsy's Merchandising Desk ideas when possible. Some possible themes/tags from the August and September Merchandising Desk - hostess gifts, autumn color palettes, rustic fall colors, bamboo mustard yellow, family gatherings, Autumn - harvest themes, fall planting, preserving the summer garden's bounty, rustic farms, fall food favorites, Fashion - fall fashion, winter accessories, layering elements, outerwear components, thick fabrics, autumnal tones, tailored and wide leg pants, patterned leggings and opaque tights, vintage boots.
You have three days - until Sunday, August 28th, noon eastern, to create your treasury and leave your link in the entry thread.
Requirements for Participation in this Challenge...
Failure to follow these 8 steps will disqualify you from the challenge.
1. Read the guidelines.
2. Include the Inspiration Item in any of the first 12 spots (not as an alternate).
3. Leave a link to your treasury in our Entry thread on our team page before Sunday at noon eastern. Judges and volunteers use this thread to find the current treasuries. You must leave your link in the correct thread to have your treasury judged. Your link also needs to be there to have your shop added to the sidebar list and to be added to the buyer account.
4. Tag your treasury with nonteamchallenge 46. (separated by a space before the number)
5. Be sure to include a link to the blog in the treasury description. If it doesn't fit into the description, you may leave it in the first comment.
6. Only one entry per person if you have more than one etsy account. Only one entry per account if you have multiple people running a single shop.
7. Support other participants - View/Comment/Click on as many other treasuries in the Challenge as possible.
8. Don't tag your nonteam treasury with tags for other teams that you are a member of. Our nonteam treasuries are not meant to promote your other teams.
*** Make sure that if you win, you'll be available to judge the next week's Challenge - and report the winning treasury by the next Monday. Judging is a hugely time-consuming job. Please only participate if you have the time to judge the next week.
*** Make sure that your shop is in compliance with ety's TOS. We won't promote shops that are resellers, blatant copyright infringers, purposeful mistaggers, etc. Those shops are disqualified from winning challenges.
Highly Recommended (not required)...
* Become a follower of this blog to stay in touch with each new challenge, challenge winner, announcements, etc.
* Use the tag nonteamchallenge 46 on your items to make it easier for others to include your items in treasuries. Only use this tag if you plan to create a challenge treasury THIS week. Please read the details here.
* Use items from other participating shops if you'd like and if their items fit your theme. There are three ways to find them.
1. Search nonteamchallenge 46 for all items on etsy. (Don't forget about our supplies and vintage shops!)
2. Visit our etsy buyer account to see items from shops that participated in the previous challenge.
3. See the left sidebar of the blog to find shop links.
* Keep your treasury updated during the Challenge. Replace expired items. (Don't replace the Inspiration Item with something else should it sell.)
* Tweet, Facebook, Blog, etc to spread the word about your treasury and our Challenges.
* Convo people that you included in your treasury.
* Join us in our Challenge 46 Chatting thread on our team page on etsy.
* Come back next week to participate again!
Time to make some treasuries!
Please double-check the requirements above after you've created your treasury to be sure that you've fulfilled them all.
This challenge ends Sunday, August 28th (noon - eastern).
The winning treasury will be posted on Tuesday, August 30th (noon - eastern).
The new Inspiration Item, and the next Challenge will be posted on Thursday, September 1st (noon - eastern).