Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Winning Treasury - Challenge #44

Some words from VeritasCrafts......

Wow what a journey this week has been. I am so absolutely thrilled to have been chosen as the winner. I have been participating since nonteamchallenge 20, and have loved every week. And I appreciate how much time goes into crafting a beautiful treasury

I am so honored that more than 250 NonTeammates took their time and their talent to create treasuries featuring my earrings, and it was so fun to be a judge, I loved looking at every treasury, discovering so many new favorite items, and seeing amazing stories being told.

after looking at all the treasuries over three days, and scoring each one, I sorted them by score and … wait a minute…how can I have chosen 56 top treasuries?! How i the world am I ever going to pick a winner? There are too many awesome ones…

Paring down to one winner and 15 honorable mentions was painful. So many really really clever and smart and stylish entries had to be eliminated. Eventually, with the clock ticking, I had to put on my game face and choose.

I did not look at any of the Curator's names during judging, so once I had my final picks, I was really excited to find out who the artists were!

My winning choice was A Woodland Retreat by VintageRoseShop. I responded to the treasury as soon as it opened on my screen. I loved the feeling of serenity and calm that it exuded. It is a treasury that allowed me to discover such beauty in the small details of very ordinary objects. The items are very organic and some have hard edges, but their placement and composition is anything but rough. My earrings found a beautiful home in this stylish collection.

Thank you again to everyone who put time, thought and creativity into their treasuries this week. I hope I commented on each and every entry. You all rocked it!

Amy
VeritasCrafts

P.S. Honorable mention list coming soon!



A Woodland Retreat by VintageRoseShop

Congrats to VintageRoseShop! How about showing her treasury some NonTeam love?
She will be choosing the Inspiration Item for Challenge #45. She'll also be judging it.

Check the team discussion page for a "Laying Odds" thread to make suggestions / predictions on the Inspiration Item.

Check back here on Thursday at noon (eastern time) for the start of Challenge #45!

No comments: