Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Winning Treasury - Challenge #48

Some words from leedledee......

What can I say? This was an amazing experience. I think I had the privilege of being in over 350 treasuries the past few days! My little shop has never seen so much attention! And the talent of this group is unbelievable. It was so fun to click through the treasuries and see all the different ways people were inspired by the Orange Bug. There were trips back to school, road trips and hippie trips; fun quirky treasuries, autumn-inspired treasuries and dude collections. Leaf peeping, tailgating, bug identification and gorgeous weddings. Halloween, nostalgia, life and love.

My first elimination round brought the hundreds down to 98, the next cut down to 50. Any of those 50 could have won. They were amazing, creative, and a feast for the eyes. I decided I had to be ruthless to narrow it down any further, but the next cut only got me down to 37. And from there, I could have thrown a dart at my list and I would have hit a completely original, amazing, and worthy winner.

As I type this, I’m still toggling back and forth between two: the one that made me laugh, and the one that’s so gorgeous it makes me feel warm inside!

But I’ve finally decided: It’s “The lands are lit with the autumn glow...” by EmeraldTownRaven. I just loved the sense of warmth and light. It makes even a summer-time gal like me long for cooler nights, mittens, and maybe even a horseback ride down the trail….

Thanks so much to skeindalous for choosing my treasury last week! And to the NonTeam volunteers who keep the fun going for us all :)

Thanks for all of your help this week Dotty! This is the most fun on Etsy!

All the best,
Lee



The lands are lit with the autumn glow by EmeraldTownRaven

Congrats to EmeraldTownRaven! How about showing her treasury some NonTeam love?
She will be choosing the Inspiration Item for Challenge #49. She'll also be judging it.

Check the team discussion page for a "Laying Odds" thread to make suggestions / predictions on the Inspiration Item. We only have today to help her choose her item, so please be sure to pop in.

Check back here on Thursday at noon (eastern time) for the start of Challenge #49!

No comments: