Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Winning Treasury - Challenge #50

Some words from Byjodi......

First off, I have to say a HUGE thank you to Dotty and each volunteer that spends what is probably countless hours every week to keep this competition going. I think I can speak for most of us when I say that this is one of the treasuries I truly look forward to curating. It was so incredible and such an honor to actually win!!

I now understand why each of these statements reads the same. There were SO many amazing treasuries made. It was a nearly impossible task to discriminate between one stunner and another. It was exciting to see my necklace interpreted in so many amazing and creative ways. Egyptian, snake, and Brazilian themes. Themes that honored the 50th challenge. I loved Date Night, Riddle of the Sphinx, The Collector, Scheherazade, Equinox, Sounds and In search of the Golden Treasury. It was a truly fun ride!

So many of these could have been the winning T. I finally narrowed it down to 82 treasuries. I loved each and every one of them. I forced myself to get brutal and took it down to 38, then 21, 17, 9 and finally 4. The last four were tough. Each one spoke something different to me and went far beyond just being beautiful to look at. The one that I kept coming back to was Details to remember….by Tutika. I found it beautiful, quirky, romantic and bold. I loved the focus on “love”.

So congrats to Tutika! You have quite a ride coming up!! It seems to be getting better and HARDER each week!

Thank you nonteam!!!



Details to Remember by Tutika

Congrats to Tutika! How about showing her treasury some NonTeam love?
She will be choosing the Inspiration Item for Challenge #51. She'll also be judging it.

Check the team discussion page for a "Laying Odds" thread to make suggestions / predictions on the Inspiration Item. We only have today to help her choose her item, so please be sure to pop in.

Check back here on Thursday at noon (eastern time) for the start of Challenge #51!

No comments: