Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Winning Treasury - Challenge #55

Some words from DonnaWalker......

Wow- what a colorful and magical week! It was really rewarding to see how everyone reacted to and interpreted my paintings! I was touched by all of your comments and positive reactions. I feel nonteamies really created artworks of their own. There were many harvest themes, art themes, fall colors, bright colors, advocates for farmer's markets, growing your own food, and lovely rain (much needed here in Texas)...

Everything I love was represented here: paint, color, texture, cooking, bread making, gardening, books, travel, and fun, quirky Americana. I never understood before when past winners said they had 80 or 100 favorites, but now I do! So many outstanding vignettes! But I did keep returning to the same four or five and finally chose one winner, which has a warm, happy, airy feel, with an extra something special. It feels very poetic to me and I hope you will enjoy it too: Fifthseason's Harvester of Hearts.

My other two top picks were Kevphotography's Harvest -- a visual stunner with rich rustic beauty.
And SpaceshipEarth's Holly Gobrightly --It just made me smile again and again. I love quirky, upbeat color and this has it!

And of course I have over a dozen more Special Mentions that I will be posting to a new discussion thread. A thank you to all for a thoughtful and beautiful week! And a big Thank You to Dotty and all the volunteers that make this happen!



Harvester of Hearts by fifthseason

Congrats to fifthseason! How about showing her treasury some NonTeam love?
She'll be choosing the Inspiration Item for Challenge #56. She'll also be judging it.

Please note that fifthseason sells all one-of-a-kind vintage items. If her Inspiration Item sells, she'll post a second Inspiration Item to the team page. At that point, if you haven't already created your challenge treasury, use Inspiration Item #2. If you've already created your treasury with #1, don't edit it. All treasuries will be judged together with one winner.

Check the team discussion page for a "Laying Odds" thread to make suggestions / predictions on the Inspiration Item. We only have today to help her choose her item, so please be sure to pop in.

Check back here on Thursday at noon (eastern time) for the start of Challenge #56!

No comments: