Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Winning Treasury - Challenge #56

Some words from fifthseason......

Hello fellow nonteamies! Well my tenure as challenge 56 featured shop and judge has come to an end now. I am so grateful to everyone who took the time to participate.

I've always been amazed at the creativity on this team and it was a source of great joy for me to see that creativity inspired by an item from my shop. What a thrill and an honor! I looked at all of your collections several times and some of them many, many times as I decided which of them spoke to me the most. There were so many stellar collections that ended up being cut just because I had to narrow it down to one winner and a handful of honorable mentions. I want to emphasize how impressive each of your collections is in its own right, and how generous I think each of you are to share your time, vision and creativity with me in this way.

After Dotty told me I had won the last challenge and I was anticipating what was to come, I imagined that I might be drawn to a collection that was similar to the kinds I like to make. So it was a a surprise and a delight to find that the one I kept coming back to at the end is actually quite different than my own collections, and I adore everything about it. I love the color cohesiveness, the individual items, the overall theme, the title, the geeky quirkiness, the little touches of humor, the funky vintage atmosphere, the open spaces,,,,,in short, I am completely smitten with "The Curiosity Shop." by 9thCycleStudios. Congratulations!

I will be posting my choices for honorable mentions on the team discussion page soon. Thank you again everyone,,,I really appreciate it! ~Donna



The Curiosity Shop by 9thCycleStudios

Congrats to 9thCycleStudios! How about showing her treasury some NonTeam love?
She'll be choosing the Inspiration Item for Challenge #57. She'll also be judging it.

Check the team discussion page for a "Laying Odds" thread to make suggestions / predictions on the Inspiration Item. We only have today to help her choose her item, so please be sure to pop in.

Check back here on Thursday at noon (eastern time) for the start of Challenge #57!

1 comment:

FabricFascination said...

Excellent choice. Congratulations 9th Cycle!