Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Winning Treasury - Challenge #57

Happy Thanksgiving nonteamies! Because of the holiday, we're adding an extra day to the challenge this week. Challenge #58 will begin on Wednesday. We're going to try our best to have it up at noon eastern. We don't have much time for Laying Odds, so please make your suggestions as soon as possible. Thanks!

Some words from 9thCycleStudios......

Wow. I knew it would be difficult judging this, but....wow.

I chose The Alcatraz Experiment because I wanted to see how people would interpret an image that is rather ominous and bleak in tone. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I WAS hoping that it would prove challenging. If it was, I couldn't tell. Every time I clicked on a new treasury, I saw a unique vision rife with colours and moods. I was expecting to see a lot of prison themes, but I wasn't expecting to see gripping tales laid out before me! Lives of crime! Crimes of passion! Oh, the stories!..... Some dark and sinister. Some sad and thoughtful. There were even some who took this gloomy image and transformed it into something positive and hopeful. Above all, it didn't matter whether it was a story being presented or decor or gift ideas; the compositions were always outstanding. This was a very tough decision, which brings me to the winner....

Closer, by Dana Kalatsky from Apple White.

For a moment, I thought I was looking at stills from a Jean-Pierre Jeunet film (Amelie, City of Lost Children). The use of rough textures and bold colours created an atmosphere that appears dark and foreboding but, in spite of that, stays patiently optimistic. I loved the choice of images and felt like I, too, was anticipating this positive change. Perhaps that was not the intention, but that's what makes it more fascinating. I could ponder, marvel and create my own interpretation through it. Individually, the items are beautiful, like remembered fragments of a dream. As a whole, the story comes alive with magnificent imagination! All in all, this treasury was stunning! I am so proud to be featured in such a work of art and happy to be part of a team so filled with creative people! Thank you all.

- Christine.



Closer by AppleWhite

Congrats to AppleWhite! How about showing her treasury some NonTeam love?
She'll be choosing the Inspiration Item for Challenge #58. She'll also be judging it.

Check the team discussion page for a "Laying Odds" thread to make suggestions / predictions on the Inspiration Item. We only have Tuesday night and early Wednesday to help her choose her item, so please be sure to pop in.

Check back here on Wednesday at noon (eastern time) for the start of Challenge #58!

No comments: