Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Winning Treasury - Challenge #58

Some words from AppleWhite......

I love that I was able to judge this challenge during the Thanksgiving holiday. I had a little glimpse of life that I may not have had at another time. I read little clips here and there about cooking in between making treasuries, spending time with sisters and grandmothers, baking pies, drinking wine and hanging out with family. It was a glimpse that I really enjoyed and I thank you all for taking the time during such a busy week to participate!
All of your treasuries were so unique. It continually amazed me that one image could inspire so many different themes, colors, stories and ideas. They were amazing. It was so difficult to narrow down my choice. I wish I could have picked them all!
I chose my “Oh So Homey” Ampersand kitchen towel because of Thanksgiving. It seemed to speak of home life, family and togetherness. It must be this reason that I chose the winner, Hearth and Home by Carice from Chatte Jolie.

Carice’s treasury immediately took my breath away. At first I notice the beautiful and cohesive neutral color choices and the balanced composition. Each item gorgeous on its own and together seemed to tell the story of an intimate family gathering. The story I found was one of grownups spending the day in the kitchen preparing a feast, drinking tea and chatting the day away. The children drinking cocoa, chasing a kitty and playing under their aunties feet. The setting, a well loved home full of coziness and cheer on a street lined with trees full of golden leaves. I just loved it! Thank you Carice and congratulations!
Again, a big thank you to all the nonteamies who played! -Dana



Hearth & Home by ChatteJolie

Congrats to ChatteJolie! How about showing her treasury some NonTeam love?
She'll be choosing the Inspiration Item for Challenge #59. She'll also be judging it.

Please note that ChatteJolie sells all one-of-a-kind vintage items. If her Inspiration Item sells during the challenge, she'll post a second Inspiration Item to the team page. At that time, if you haven't already created your treasury, please use item #2. If you have already created your treasury, don't edit it. All treasuries will be judged together with one winner.

Check the team discussion page for a "Laying Odds" thread to make suggestions / predictions on the Inspiration Item. We only have today to help her choose her item, so please be sure to pop in.

Check back here on Thursday at noon (eastern time) for the start of Challenge #59!

No comments: