Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Winning Treasury Challenge #64

Some words from NobleEarth....

Hello my fellow non-teamers!
Kelly from 88Editions posted last week that she thinks treasury making is an art form. I couldn’t agree more – putting together a collection of items that are visually stimulating, cohesive and meaningful is a true artful expression. I love that it allows the treasury maker to let their creativity flow and at the same time helps support and promote the amazing sellers that are featured. What a win-win!
One of the things that I think is so neat about challenges like non-team, is that it gives you the chance to see all the different visions & inspiration people can get from just 1 item! A beautiful magnification of how wonderfully talented & creative the Etsy community is!
I want to thank each and every participant for taking time, energy and creativity to craft treasury art featuring my hearts! I enjoyed looking at each and every treasury. The experience was wonderful and filled me with such positive feelings and happiness! Hugs to you all!

Well okay, without further ado….
The treasury I chose as the winner this week is “The Stalker” by Christine of 9thCycleStudios.
This treasury completely blew me away. It spoke to me on so many levels. It was visual stunning and gave me both an intellectual and an emotional reaction to it.
The topic – crossing the line from love to obsession is dark and serious. I admire Christine for searching for and creating a deeper story with my featured hearts.
Some of my favorite works of art are pieces that challenge us to contemplate life and emotions – both good and bad. Christine didn’t shy away from the darker side of love.
And to me the true brilliance of the treasury is how perfect and beautiful of a collection it is on the surface (a wonderful parallel can be drawn here to some relationships). So light, pastel and pretty, but… once you know the theme, the dark undertones represented within the treasury become apparent and it kind of takes your breath away.
Thank you Christine for thinking outside the box, for sharing your art with us, and for challenging people to stop and contemplate this darker side of love. A brilliant and amazing piece of treasury genius!


The Stalker. by 9thCycleStudios

Congrats to 9thCycleStudios! How about showing her treasury some NonTeam love?
She'll be choosing the Inspiration Item for Challenge #65. She'll also be judging it.

Check the team discussion page for a "Laying Odds" thread to make suggestions / predictions on the Inspiration Item. We only have today to help her choose her item, so please be sure to pop in.

Check back here on Thursday at noon (eastern time) for the start of Challenge #65!

No comments: