Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Winning Treasury Challenge #65

5Some words from 9thCycleStudios

I think the most common thing I read in these write-ups is how hard it is to choose a winner. Let me tell you, that's not exaggeration. It's HARD. Really, really hard. The ingenuity and flair for aesthetics within this team is amazing! So I categorize, sort and review every inch until my eyes start bleeding. Many cups of coffee later, I narrow the list down to 150. Alright. Good start. *more time elapses...* Down to 50. We're getting there. 30...15...3. This is when I start crying.

In the end, I had to toughen up and make a decision, one I'm completely and utterly happy with. Abby from Armalique, your Heart of Stone treasury emerged triumphantly as the winner!

When I opened it for the first time, I was immediately struck by how beautiful it was. I couldn't stop staring. On a purely visual level, each piece fits together flawlessly. There are verticals complementing horizontals, split images to match other split images, cubes juxtaposed with spheres. There's Dog playfully interacting with Cat! The ocean...freedom...love (or lack thereof)...not too hard, not too soft.... Sigh. Lovely. Do I need to go on? Okay. A quote about a blase attitude that relates directly back to the title. Oh, and the spoon in said photo sits nicely atop the caramel marshmallow cubes and a tea cup. I feel like I'm having a sweet stream of consciousness moment, and all these things were coordinated with just the right textures AND colors! Holy Moley, Abby. What a painstaking effort to put this together! It's gorgeous, thoughtful and so very deserving of the win! Congratulations!


Heart of Stone. by Armalique

Congrats to Armalique! How about showing her treasury some NonTeam love?
She'll be choosing the Inspiration Item for Challenge #66. She'll also be judging it.

Check the team discussion page for a "Laying Odds" thread to make suggestions / predictions on the Inspiration Item. We only have today to help her choose her item, so please be sure to pop in.

Check back here on Thursday at noon (eastern time) for the start of Challenge #66!

No comments: