Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Winning Treasury Challenge #74

Some words from stonesartisanjewelry...

I awkwardly admit that every Wednesday I rush to my computer at noon to see who has won the NonTeamChallenge and to pour over the honorable mentions. I love that for this event, all other strategies fall away and we make treasuries for each other. The result is a mad collection of smart and exquisite curations, both stylistically and conceptually. If wading through the pages and pages of treasuries must be considered “work”, it is certainly the most sublime work to be had…and I am thankful to all of you, and to LegalMissSunshine, for giving me the chance to do it. A big thanks goes out to all the volunteers who make this team what it is.
All of you uniquely plucked my little necklace out of obscurity, and it the results brought me no end of joy! I was whisked away into mythic worlds and otherwise forgotten eras of history. I was in new Paris, old Paris, Rio, Bermuda, Amsterdam, Ireland and my own beloved Canadian Plains. I was drunk and hallucinating. I was calmed and spritely. Your themes and attentiveness to detail are the acts of imagination that make me hopeful about the world.
I’m a sucker for beauty and over all balance. I like unusual combinations, and treasuries that showcase items I wouldn’t have otherwise seen. There were at least twenty perfect treasuries, so in the end I chose one that showcased a slightly different aesthetic than the winning treasuries from the weeks past. Congratulations to AREJewellery for L’Ultime Hallucination. I love the clever rift on effects of Absinthe, the reference to the historic bar in Brussels, and the chic, tight collection of Etsy finds that makes me feel like my timid necklace had one hell of a night out.



L'Ulime Hallucinations by AREJewellery

Congrats to AREJewellery! How about showing her treasury some NonTeam love?
She'll be choosing the Inspiration Item for Challenge #75. She'll also be judging it.

Check the team discussion page for a "Laying Odds" thread to make suggestions / predictions on the Inspiration Item. We only have today to help her choose her item, so please be sure to pop in.

Check back here on Thursday at noon (eastern time) for the start of Challenge #75!

No comments: