Create a treasury around the Inspiration Item. Win the Challenge and the Inspiration Item for the next Challenge will be something of yours! Who knows how many treasuries will be created with your item! CocobytheLake will be judging the Challenge this week. It's totally up to her as to what she's looking for. Make the best treasury you can and just maybe one of your items will be featured in our next Challenge! Please read the guidelines carefully before creating your treasury.
Our inspiration item is...
Quilt, Japanese Lantern, Aqua, Brown, Green by CocobytheLake
Let's try to get some of these treasuries on the front page of Etsy. Use etsy's Merchandising Desk ideas when possible. http://www.etsy.com/blog/en/2012/from-etsys-merchandising-desk-june-2012/
Requirements for Participation in this Challenge...
Failure to follow these 8 steps will disqualify you from the challenge.
1. Read the guidelines.
2. Include the Inspiration Item in any of the first 12 spots (not as an alternate).
3. Leave a link to your treasury in our Entry thread on our team page before Sunday at noon eastern. Please leave it one time only. Judges and volunteers use this thread to find the current treasuries. You must leave your link in the correct thread by the deadline to have your treasury judged. Your link also needs to be there to have your shop added to the sidebar list and to be added to the buyer account.
4. Tag your treasury with "nonteamchallenge 89". (separated by a space before the number)
5. Be sure to include a link to the blog in the treasury description. If it doesn't fit into the description, you may leave it in the first comment.
6. Only one entry per person if you have more than one etsy account. Only one entry per account if you have multiple people running a single shop.
7. Support other participants - View/Comment/Click on as many other treasuries in the Challenge as possible. Do not leave a link to your treasury in the comments of another's treasury.
8. Don't tag your nonteam treasury with tags for other teams that you are a member of. Our nonteam treasuries are not meant to promote your other teams.
*** Only participate if you'll be available to judge the next week's Challenge - and report the winning treasury by the next Tuesday. Judging is a hugely time-consuming job. There may be hundreds of treasuries. Please only participate if you have the time to judge next week.
*** Make sure that your shop is in compliance with ety's TOS. We won't promote shops that are resellers, blatant copyright infringers, purposeful mistaggers, etc. Those shops are disqualified from winning challenges.
Highly Recommended (not required)...
* Become a follower of this blog to stay in touch with each new challenge, challenge winner, announcements, etc.
* Use the current challenge tag on your items to make it easier for others to include your items in treasuries. Only use this tag if you plan to create a challenge treasury THIS week. Please read the details here.
* Use items from other participating shops if you'd like and if their items fit your theme. There are three ways to find them.
1. Search the current challenge tag for all items on etsy. (Don't forget about our supplies and vintage shops!)
2. Visit our etsy buyer account to see items from shops that participated in the previous challenge.
3. See the left sidebar of the blog to find shop links.
* Replace missing items in your treasury. Don't replace sold items.
* Tweet, Facebook, Blog, etc to spread the word about your treasury and our Challenges.
* Convo people that you included in your treasury.
* Join us in our Chatting thread on our team page on etsy.
* Come back next week to participate again!
Time to make some treasuries!
Please double-check the requirements above after you've created your treasury to be sure that you've fulfilled them all.
You have three days - until Sunday, July 1st, noon eastern, to create your treasury and leave your link in the entry thread.
The winning treasury will be posted on Wednesday, July 4th (noon - eastern).
The new Inspiration Item, and the next Challenge will be posted on Thursday, July 5th (noon - eastern).
Eastern time is the same time zone that etsy uses.