Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Winning Treasury Challenge #95

Some words from DreamSand...

First of all I'd like to thank EmeraldTownRaven for choosing me as her winner! I wasn't very pleased with my winning treasury but I´m glad that the thoughts behind it appealed to her! I have grown up with dogs, lots and lots of dogs, and there is no love like the love of a dog! In the "wolf's" eyes I could only see that love!

This win gave me the amazing opportunity to experience some of the best treasury makers on Etsy working with my item! Every collection was unique and wonderful in its own way! Many of you know that my tastes run in a dark and haunting direction and so there were many treasuries that were dark and haunting. But there were also light treasuries that spoke to me, that were dreamy, alluring and sublime. Many treasuries were rustic, decaying and earthy and I do have a taste for the old and decrepit! And some treasuries had intriguing original themes that I would have never thought of!

There were so many different moods and themes, so many wonderful collections and they all deserve recognition! But one has to be chosen as winner! Someone asked me if I was going to choose a dark or a light treasury as the winner and I´ll answer that here... The winning treasury is both dark and light and is chosen precisely for the subtle and masterful work with light and shadow! The darkness caught my eye, the light gave the treasury depth and interest, the haunting imagery and the almost cinematic sense of movement made me come back to view it again and again! The theme in itself was not a very unusual one but the end product definitely was!

OK OK, I´ll get to the point! The victory goes to "in through the out door" by Kristin Love of LoveArtStudios! Her treasury had everything I was looking for, it was haunting, sublime, rustic and intriguing! I love the story that was told, a story of an old house, of its doors and locks. Doors, locks and keys are such powerful symbols! I love that there were many locks and but only one key! I love that there were secrets but they were on the other side of the door, visible only through windows and keyholes. I love that the last item proclaims that the key is lost and so the secret, that imagined paradise on the other side of the door, is forever lost.

Congratulations Kristin for filling me with bittersweet longing!! For that you deserve to win!

'in through the out door' by LoveArtStudios

Through the Keyhole 8 x 10 - TSullyArt
Rusty vintage key with two rusty metal washers on handbraided black cord - DreamSand
Stars in the stairs - LittleMissPinyi
Crouching Small bronze figure - smallbronzes
Haunted - 8 X 8 fine-art  eerie photographic collage print - StoriedEye
Creep 8"x12" Limited Print - MollyAlgernon
Sepia Surreal digital art photograph murray bolesta 8x12 - AbstractNotions
The Ghost's Library Num. 55 - 8"x12" - MoonIsSingingPhotos
surreal photograph - "the alchemist". mysterious dark moody haunting noir - transmutation - feminine translucent cloth - fine art 5x7 print - MyanSoffia
Chew Kee Store Doorknob Photograph - antique door keyhole shadow sepia brown black white - kristaglavich
Lost Time - Original Oil Painting, 48 x 36, Large Painting, interior, abandoned building - thelittlehappygoose
Door Cracks// 35mm Black and White Capture - LWestermanPhoto
Chained Locked Doors on Abandoned Building Distressed Acid 6 x 6 Photographic Print - inlightfulimages
Shaker Dreams, 8x10 black and white fine art photograph, stairway and door - jworne
Ghostly Window Photo "Curtain Lace Ghost" Tattered Lace Curtain - Fairy Tale Art - Haunted Photograph - missquitecontrary
Lost Key - itsthelittlethings2

Congrats to LoveArtStudios! How about showing her treasury some NonTeam love? She'll be choosing the Inspiration Item for Challenge #96. She'll also be judging it.

 Check the team discussion page for a "Laying Odds" thread to make suggestions / predictions on the Inspiration Item. We only have today to help them choose their item, so please be sure to pop in.

Check back here on Thursday at noon (eastern time) for the start of Challenge #96!

No comments: