Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Winning Treasury Challenge #110

Some words from 636Designs...

When Sarah messaged me, I couldn't believe it! I had finally won! I want to say thank you SO much to Lori from ModGenesDesigns! Not only for choosing my treasury and allowing me to have this experience...but for all her kind
words and judging advice :) Also, a big thank you to Sarah, and all the other team volunteers too, for all you do each
and every week! I can't tell you how much fun it was to critique all these amazing takes on this challenge. I also want to
say that I'm so lucky to be a part of such a talented group of people!

I definitely have a new found respect for all the previous winners!! This was a lot harder than I thought it would be!! Be
careful what you wish for ;) Don't get me wrong, this was so much fun, and kind of like being "queen for a day" (or week)... but, it was extremely difficult to narrow it down to just one treasury! There is so much talent on this team, it never ceases to amaze me! The creativity that pours out of you guys is mind-blowing!

I chose these earrings because they seem to have a chameleon like ability to change and compliment whatever colors, or mood they're paired with. It's so interesting to see the contrast from one person's vision to another. I started with about 45 contenders, and kept narrowing it down. Some of you told poignant stories, some celebrated the seasons, some told
stories of loves lost and found. There were journeys, weddings, fairies, cozy settings..and more than one trip around the world! Some made me smile, and some made me think....but in the end there was one that just mesmerized me....

My choice for winner of this week's challenge is: Deb Noyes of StoriedEye and her treasury "Your Next Big Adventure"

From start to finish, this treasury was visually stunning, excellently curated, and it pulled me into the story of travel, adventure and world domination ;) Plus, she found the most amazing collection of items!!

Congrats, and have fun this week Deb!!

Thank you all for your beautiful creations! I was honored to be the judge this week xoxo!

'Your Next Big Adventure' by dnoyes

Glass Flower Beadwork Earrings - 636designs
Wool Hooded Cape - Small Checks cape coat with goblin hood and flared sleeves - sz S-M CYBER MONDAY - Malam
Hypnotic, Sweet Lyra Solid Natural Perfume mini sample - Jasmine and Ylang Ylang are at the heart of this sensuous, euphoric fragrance. - IlluminatedPerfume
Pirate Ship Decor 11x14 Photo Art Print  photography travel and shipwrecks gift for guys The Edge of the World - TheLonelyPixel
India Photograph. Camel Crossing in Rajasthan, India - 6" x 9" - fotostrudel
Time Travel 8x12 photo 11x14 mat Rustic Shabby texture Home Library Decor - KClarkPhotography
linen necklace crochet  natural wood beads Rustic Simple Elegant ecofriendly nursing necklace mothers day - MiracleFromThreads
Himalayan Pink Salt Soap - All Natural Soap, Handmade Soap, Cold Process Soap, Vegan Soap, Unscented Soap, Salt Soap - RockyTopSoapShop
Personalized Mini Pennant Banner from Vintage Maps Cyber Monday Etsy - Palimpsestic
Handmade notebook "World domination" - purplecactusdesign
Pirate HOOK - real metal, THICK leather, red velvet lining, rustic - Emprisium
Hot Air Balloon Leggings - Womens Legging - IVORY - Tights - OZ - MEDIUM - Carouselink
Ava Nara - 11x14 print by Photographer Kate O'Brien - kateobriencreative
Stay with me, or come with me. - TadashiKoizumi
Vintage Fridge Magnet South Africa Giraffe Black and Tan Colors Travel Tourist Resort - Vividiom
Le Grand Meaulnes - Creeley

Congrats to StoriedEye! She'll be choosing the Inspiration Item for Challenge #111. She'll also be judging it. Check the team discussion page for a "Laying Odds" thread to make suggestions / predictions on the Inspiration Item. We only have today to help them choose their item, so please be sure to pop in.

No comments: