Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Winning Treasury Challenge #134

A few words from Nicolas of My Antartica ...

I don’t even know where to begin. . . to say I was touched by the number of incredibly moving and emotive treasuries this week would be the understatement of the year. I was, for lack of a better word, humbled. To have my imagery interpreted and re-imagined in so many artistic and soulful ways. . . to open collection after collection and be awed and, often, inspired myself. To see TWO of your collections make it to the front page in four days and to have the many opportunities to express to you ALL how much I appreciated each and every one.

I also thought judging would be easier. I thought, “A winner and twenty or so HM’s? No problem.”
I sat here, on Monday evening, still with 8 or 9 collections I considered for the winner and 48 in the HM category. That’s AFTER paring it down mind you. . .

Seriously, every single one was a treasure to open!

So today I realized I just had to choose and, to help, I came up with my own “award categories” for the HM’s which you’ll see enabled me to pare them down to under 30.

Then picking a winner. . . I went around more times than I care to admit but in the end, this one was the one that was always at or near the top of favorites no matter what other ones came and went from the list.

This weeks challenge winner is Justin from Viva Estelle.

'seeking one day, to fly' by VivaEstelle

Touch The Sky  - A Signed Fine Art Photograph - gildinglilies
Pink Bird Photography Print - Untitled Bird - Seagull in Flight in Coney Island - Frankenkitty
the feather that did not fly - 8x10 macro peacock feather photo - sand and petals photography - sandandpetals
Bird Of A Feather  - 8 x 10 Ocean Landscape - Surreal Coastal View - Raven Wings and Friend - Limited Edition Fine Art Print - MyAntarctica
Milkweed Take Flight - 8x8 Fine Art Photography Print - macro nature natural blue dreamy surreal photograph - riotjane
Within Reach..Moth..Hands..Zen..Surreal..Spiritual Healing..12x12"..home decor, office decor..fine art photography - FrameOnYou
SALE Bird Mask Portrait, Ladybird, 8x8 Photograp, Surreal Print, Green, Gold, Masked Figure - ellemoss
SPRING SUPER SALE - First Flight - 4x5  Original Signed Fine Art Photograph - MonarchImages
Solitude - 8x10 - Surreal Photography - SeaLilyStudio
5x7 Inch Lifted Fine Art Print - deepwithinthearmoire
24x36 The Fanciful Ballerina Returns - ChasingTheClouds
Surreal State Prints 20x30 - SeizureSquidStudio
Take Flight - MissyCorralesFoto
Fine Art Photography, Playing in the clouds, black and white, 8 x 10' - gintta
Emergence Series:  "  The First Three "   - Original, One-of-a-Kind - paulamattson
Wings - hopeimages

It captures everything I want my own imagery, and life, to convey. Possibility. Dreams. A connection between past and present. Fantasy. Imagination. . . and as one of the comments a team member left on his collection summed it up best: “BRAVO, Almighty!”

Well done Justin! Enjoy the craziness that awaits you THIS week!

In addition I want to thank Donna for choosing my Paracosm treasury last week as the winner. It was most pleasing to know she came to see exactly what I put into it, what meaning lay behind it and how her work certainly is, as many of ours comes to be, one entirely of our own creation. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Congrats to Justin from VivaEstelle! He'll be choosing the Inspiration Item for Challenge #135. He will also be judging it. Check the team discussion page for a "Laying Odds" thread to make suggestions / predictions on the Inspiration Item. We only have today to help them choose their item, so please be sure to pop in. 

No comments: