Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Winning Treasury Challenge #144

Some words from driftingby...

Thank you so much to Susan and Maxwell for choosing my treasury as the winner of last week’s challenge. Like so many of you, I have hoped for this honor and opportunity week after week. I was over the moon with excitement when I found out!

This week’s entries were filled with soulful and spirit delving wonders. I am so happy to know that Prophet Annie was able to inspire this beautiful process for so many. I started out with more than 30 quick favorites, and then when I went through to try to start narrowing it down, I ended up with 45! There is so much diversity in these truly amazing works of art. I ended up with five and then two, making it somewhat painful at the end.

For me, treasury making is a vital conduit for my own creative process. The visual images are just one component. I write mosaic poetry here on Etsy, inspired by images and words from titles, item descriptions, sometimes even shop owners’ profile descriptions about themselves, and the concepts and moments in lives that emerge in my poetry. Often there are pieces that are more autobiographical, some even include the word “i.” This is an intimate process between me and the dear people whose items I feature in each treasury. I am so grateful for this opportunity here.

In honor of this process, this week’s winner is Valerie from Lehns, with her visual poem, The Bear on the Bed. I know that as Valerie went through the process, she was initially inspired by Prophet Annie, captivated by Daveidaho’s Bear on the Bed photograph, and that the other pieces chose her as much as she chose them. Thank you Valerie for your intimately inspired treasuring of Prophet Annie.

 

'The Bear on the Bed' by Lehns

Pink Party Mason Jar Chandelier - Upcycled Hanging Mason Jar Lighting Fixture Direct Hardwire - BootsNGus Lamps Rustic Home Decor - BootsNGus
Bear on the Bed - Daveidaho
Hanging Dreams - original A4 illustration print- day Dreams serie by Vocisconnesse - Diramazioni
Wood Leaf earrings - MiddleEarths
ESPALIER, a 8x10 giclee print from an original painting - EverywomanArt
Prophet Annie, 1960's Painting by NW Artist, Doris Thomas - driftingby
A Night at the Theatre 8x10 Photo with mat Home Decor rich red drama acting stage theater moody - KClarkPhotography
The Passion of Evil-Lyn - Fine Art Print 8x10 - JasmineWorth
Through the glass darkly - TheBrightPearl
Photograph A Sea of Gray Chairs in St. Peter's Square, Vatican City - HenaTayebPhotography
Vintage 1988 art print Facing Up to Drugs medieval creatures Skull Skeleton macabre addiction hell - Vividiom
Urban Exploration Coffins and Caskets In Basement at an Abandoned Psychiatric Hospital In New York - TheArtsofTimeandLife
crossroads - paulmryan
WildFire - RobertSteinIII
Lift up your hearts - stefanskistudio
Madonna with infant Jesus - Boolady
Congrats to Lehns!  She'll be choosing the Inspiration Item for Challenge #145. She'll also be judging it. Check the team discussion page for a "Laying Odds" thread to make suggestions / predictions on the Inspiration Item. We only have today to help them choose their item, so please be sure to pop in.

No comments: