Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Winning Treasury Challenge #146

Some words from PeacockWhatYouLove...

First, many thanks to Valerie of Lehn’s for giving me the opportunity to have this rollercoaster week! I am especially honored that she picked my treasury, because I’ve always found her to have such a creative and artistic eye. So, thank you, sweet Valerie!!!

Okay, wow! Week after week, when I make comments on Nonteam Challenge treasuries, I think to myself, “I sure would hate to be the judge this week.” Never has that sentiment been truer than the week it actually WAS my responsibility to judge! Don’t get me wrong, I had a great time! It’s just that the boundless creativity in the Nonteam world put me into a conundrum, and I really didn’t know what to do. The strangest trinket box ever held love stories, added some spice to kitchens, was in service to an apothecary, etc, etc. Frida and peacock feathers even wound their ways into some treasuries, about which I was particularly giddy! I thought back to the wise advice to go with my gut, so that’s exactly what I’ve done. Actually, I had three that were tied as the winners, and THEN I went with the treasury kept popping in and out of my thoughts!

I have many honorable mentions to share at a later time, but enough with the suspense. The playful and creative treasury curated by Mary Reed of mdollshop toyed with my mind like the proverbial cat toys with a mouse! The finds are outstanding, and the collection was bang-on perfect for the title! Congratulations on this fun and evocative treasury!!!!

'The guarded trinkets' by artstuff4me

Inspired by The Strangest Trinket Box from Peacock What You Love. treasurychallengenonteam.blogspot.com "nonteamchallenge 146"

Beautiful Kitten Photo Vintage Look Fine Art Photo Card size 4.5 x 5.81 - MojavePhotography
OOAK Art Doll Little Grey Mouse - VilmaDolls
Make an Offer:  The Strangest Trinket Box Ever - PeacockWhatYouLove
Cat Door Knocker Bronze Sculpture - casadelgatto
Mouse Jazz Band: Violin, Saxophone, Jazz Guitar and Bass Player - ninarossi
Seedie, The Little Brown Mouse - Unframed, 36x44 inch giclée print of the Burton Gray original work. - BurtonGrayStudio
Mouse Ornament  in Copper Hand Formed by The Blue Coppersmith - TheBlueCopperSmith
PDF CLASS Needle Felted Animal Dressed Mouse & Bunny Class Needle Felting / Create a Bunny and Mouse (Kit Available and sold separately) - barby303
Mouse 17 "The Lovable Vole" Handmade Stoneware Sculpture, Ceramic Animal Figure by MURTIGA - Murtiga
Love is Blind (11x14) - TanooryStudios
Dancing Rats Whimsical Signed Art Print Mice - toadbriar
Mouse family of three needle felted soft sculpture - HazelwoodCrafts
Taxidermy mouse on mouse trap. - NimbleMatters
OOAK needle felted artist collectible figurine 4.8" (12.2cm) handmade Mouse - AKazin
Dice Mouse and Printer's Block - Vintage Miniature Wooden Items - Printer's Box Collectibles - susiewecker
Pip Squeak - Handmade Solid Bronze Miniature Mouse Sculpture. Unique OOAK - JoyFunnellEtsy

Congrats to mdollshop!  She'll be choosing the Inspiration Item for Challenge #147. She'll also be judging it. Check the team discussion page for a "Laying Odds" thread to make suggestions / predictions on the Inspiration Item. We only have today to help them choose their item, so please be sure to pop in.

No comments: