Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Winning Treasury Challenge #151

Some words from Carye...

“I must have a prodigious amount of mind; it takes me as much as a week, sometimes, to make it up!” -Mark Twain

Sorry, I can’t resist a good quote, and anyway it’s true: I do have a terrible time making up my mind. Luckily, I was able to pull this decision together in less than a week! First off, let me say thank you, thank you, thank you to Bonnie for choosing my treasury last week. When I got the notification, there were happy dances (Snoopy-style) and silent squeals (I had just put my little one to bed and didn’t want to wake her up). And it was even more wonderful to win with a treasury theme that referenced my favorite book as a child! Thanks!

This week has been surreal, to say the least! Many thanks to all of the team members who participated this week and to everyone that makes this team work. I ran out of ways to say beautiful and amazing and wonderful…maybe I should have started commenting in different languages! You blew me away with your creativity, style, thoughtfulness, and artisanship. I loved seeing how differently each of you saw my “Peacock”: as wild and free, as shy and mysterious, as proud and elegant. I got to see her in ways I had never seen her before! I loved the tales you told and the places she went. I felt like I traveled the world!

I think a well-put-together treasury can be a work of art itself and I had pages and pages of art to choose from, a virtual museum, all inspired by something that I created. It was enough to render me speechless…I can never thank you all enough for the beauty and joy you brought into my life this week. But I did want to share something; I wanted to save my “museum” that you created, so I can stroll through the rooms and gaze at the works of art anytime I like and so I can share it. So I made this pinterest board. Feel free to stop in anytime!

Big breath…and now, on to my decision! This was just as hard as everyone says it is. I had over 20 that were definite possibilities and finally 3 top ones that I really agonized over. But in the end, I had to choose “Waiting in the Shadows” by Michele from glassbeadtreasures. I just kept being drawn back to it and drawn into it. It was a treasury that I couldn’t look away from. I didn’t just want to know what was going on in this treasury, I needed to know what was going on. As I said in my comments: simple, elegant, and completely enthralling! Thank you Michele and thanks to everyone for such a wonderful week! I’ll be posting my honorable mentions soon.


'Waiting In the Shadows' by glassbeadtreasures

The Amen Corner -- 8x10 Print - AORArt
A Pair Of 50x108 Inch Rod Pocket Draperies Screen Printed In Citrus Contemporary Design - ModernTouchDesigns
Black and white spiral staircase - RWOODSUMphotography
Peacock - 1920s flapper woman in teal and purple dress with peacock feather over one eye - Art Reproduction (Print) - CaryeVDPMahoney
7747 Industrial Screen Shade Sconce on Iron Pipe w/ Antique Socket - steampunklighting
Black and White Art Photography,  Eye, Enchanting, Macro - CottageGardenStudios
Pendant, Vintage Peacock Feather, Handmade Decoupaged, FREE SHIPPING - retropage
Waiting in the wind - 8x10 Fine Art Photograph - KatrenCleoPhotograph
Paris Photograph,Suitcase photo, printable,WAITING digital download, Paris, Suitcase, Vintage Purse - photoprintsbytamilyn
Feather Photography - peacock photo nature still life print brown orange teal aqua beige - 8x10 Photograph, "My Fine Feathered Friend" - CarolynCochrane
Black and White Photography - Hide 'n Seek - 8x10 Fine Art Photograph of Girl - Portrait Photography, Mysterious Eyes - FeatheredDragonfly
Wall Stencil Allover Indian Floral for DIY Wall Decor More Artistic Than Wall Decals and Cheaper Than Wallpaper :) - royaldesignstencils
Beautiful Peacock Feather Repurposed Book Upcycled Dictionary Art Vintage Book Print Recycled Vintage Dictionary Page Buy 2 Get 1 FREE - StayGoldMedia
Fine Art Photography - Black & White, Vintage Art Print, Grey, Antiques, Jewelry - JenniferRPhotography
Book Necklace: Small, golden and plum, reclaimed leather. - PegandAwl
Camera-Black and White-Photography-Fine Art-8x10 - MobyKane
Congrats to Michele from glassbeadtreasures!  She will be choosing the inspiration item for Challenge #152.  She'll also be judging it.  Check the team discussion page for a "Laying Odds" thread to make suggestions / predictions on the inspiration item.  We only have today to help her choose her item, so please be sure to pop in.



No comments: