Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Winning Treasury #190

Some words from Carice...

I simply love the Nonteam Challenge. I love that every week one item can transport our imaginations in so many different directions. This week was no different. I love that my little cropped jacket could go in so many directions from Mid Century madness to nostalgic wanderings to edgy commentaries – it was a delicious journey.

Picking a winner was incredibly difficult – there were so many beautiful and clever entries. After much effort I narrowed it down to the top three and then I got really stuck. I told myself to just pick the one that spoke to me the most – but they all three seemed to speak to a different aspect of my personality. So in the end I went back to basics, the inspiration item – or the prop that I used in my photograph – a vintage birdcage. The winner wove a clever story around that cage using a subdued color palate that perfectly complemented the inspiration.

Congrats to Christina from Stones Artisan Jewelry for her work of art “pigeon pie”.



Congrats to Christina!  She will be choosing the inspiration item for Challenge #191 from her shop stonesartisanjewelry.  She'll also be judging the Challenge.  Check the team discussion page for a "Laying Odds" thread to make suggestions / predictions on the inspiration item.  We only have today to help choose the item, so please be sure to pop in.  

No comments: