Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Winning Treasury #191

Some words from Christina...

First of all, thank you. Thank you SO much. Hovering above all the other emotions I felt as I poured over your treasuries -- and I hope I was able to offer a glimpse of this in my comments -- I felt vulnerability and gratitude. I know how much thought and time goes in to making any treasury, and all the more so an exhibition piece like we get for the NTC. I was taken aback by the diversity of collections, and how my necklace was seen so thoroughly, and in such multiform ways. Some of your collections were narrative in form, and I had to deliciously trace my way along them. Some functioned as one piece, the parts consumed by the whole. Others sourced the beauty in components -- the items, the shadow, the light. In an often troubling world, I am nurtured by beauty, weirdness, and animals, and you gave me an abundance of these goodnesses to savor all week long. What fun I had. Like Carice before me (thank you Carice), I got caught at the end with three absolute favorites. Each one of these three came at the challenge from a different angle, and so each one is utterly perfect to me. I want all three to be the winner! If I were the maker of my own little universe, I would do just that as eliminating two is a ridiculous task. As I live in a world not compatible with my whims, and since the other two are so intoxicatingly beautiful that I can't think straight, I can at least choose the one that only I might pick. Congratulations to Anette and her wonderfully quirky masterpiece "Tracking the Magnetic North Pole."  You hit a very particular sweet spot and I love you for it.



 Congrats to Anette!  She will be choosing the inspiration item for Challenge #192.  She'll also be judging the Challenge. 

No comments: