Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Winning Treasury #193

Some words from Gwen...

Thank you, Anette, for choosing my treasury last week. It was a thrill and an honor.

A deep bow to all the contributors to this challenge. I’m so glad you tackled this broad and abstract concept. I saw so much in each treasury and often sensed that I was only scratching the surface. Repeat views revealed new connections, new symbols, new meanings.

For this week’s winning treasury, I chose Pat McWhorter’s “At the present moment, the wind is in her hair.”

I had so many favorites, and in the end, five were closely contending for first place. Eventually Pat’s won out: the trope of the wind in her hair was original and so neatly reflected the shorthand swoop on my inspiration item. I grew up in a place where the wind was an entity in it’s own right. So Pat’s floating girls, flying cats, and drifting leaves echoed something in my blood, I think. Her wind was also searing and musical and troubling and joyful. And all the effects of the wind seemed to meet in the tight smile, bright eyes and windblown hair of the red-haired girl in row two. Remarkable.

 Congrats to Pat!  She will be choosing the inspiration item for Challenge #194 from her shop PatMcWhorter.  She'll also be judging the Challenge.  Check the team discussion page for a "Laying Odds" thread to make suggestions / predictions on the inspiration item.  We only have today to help choose the item, so please be sure to pop in.  

No comments: