Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Winning Treasury #198

Some words from Jessica...

I know every week the judge says that choosing one winner from among so many wonderful treasuries is hard, but, damn, you people don't make it easy. Each and every entry in the challenge this week was special in some way. My first attempt to narrow down the entries left me with 32 possible winners.

At that point, I seriously considered a 32-way tie. Kellie threatened me, however, with the captainship of the team if I did that. Since I have no interest in taking over her duties--and would surely not carry them off with her aplomb--I forced myself to be ruthless.

In the end, I chose an entry that was surprising and delightful and unlike any of the others: Nilene's "Don't Look Back". I appreciate its originality and its playfulness, as well as its faultless composition. Thank you and congratulations, Nilene.





 Congrats to Nilene!  She will be choosing the inspiration item for Challenge #199 from her shop RefinedRetro.  She'll also be judging the Challenge.  Check the team discussion page for a "Laying Odds" thread to make suggestions / predictions on the inspiration item.  We only have today to help choose the item, so please be sure to pop in. 

No comments: