Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Winning Treasury #209

Some words from Vic...

THANK YOU THANK YOU merci BEAUCOUP, to everybody who kept me guessing this week...
I COULDN'T believe I'd won the challenge in the first place, thank you Sarah from thejetty so so much, an honour and as you said last week, it is about the most exciting thing to happen on etsy! I have been attempting it for years now! Thanks.
SOOOO first of all why didn't I choose a fun and friendly french item, which is typical form my shop, well I just knew I would get bored and so decided on something which left it as wide open as possible..
AND you people are very very very good at variety and maximising the ordinary into something spectacular! I didn't get bored, NOT AT ALL...

from crazy headdresses, haystacks, Halloween and hurting souls to the most beautiful of blue grey and purple art feasts..... what more could I have wanted!!

without further waffling ado... I had to choose as my winner:
Amber Bessette with this amazing and bold creation: maybe she was asking for it.

I think her message is powerful and of such incredible importance, that despite there being some other equally beautiful and inspiring treasuries, her message must be heard and acted upon...sexual abuse and rape can destroy lives, you can protect your people.




Congrats to Amber!  She will be choosing the inspiration item for Challenge #210 from her shop Mambies.  She'll also be judging the Challenge.  Check the team discussion page for a "Laying Odds" thread to make suggestions / predictions on the inspiration item.  We only have today to help choose the item, so please be sure to pop in.  

No comments: