Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Winning Treasury Challenge #106

Some words from VintageRoseShop...

Hey guys!

Thanks so much to all of you for taking the time to make a treasury and create a theme around my bracelets! It's such a wonderful experience to have these amazing stories spun around something that I've made. It's also a lot of fun! I loved every treasury, and looked at each one time and time again, taking in all the colors, atmospheres, stories, and words. I have to say a special thank you to those of you that wrote poems and other lovely messages - what an honor! And I was so touched knowing that some of you also took the time to check out my profile, tags, and my interests etc, - it made it very special and personal, and I really appreciated that personal touch! What a fab bunch you are :)
Now, unfortunately I managed to catch a stinking cold right in the middle of all this, which made me a little groggy. So I'm really hoping I didn't miss anyone out. If I did miss you out (i.e. I did not leave a comment on your treasury) then please feel free to let me know and I'll make it up to you somehow!
So, how did I pick a winner. Well, I just kept narrowing down the choices by spending time with each one, getting to know it, and listening to it's stories and messages. A bit like reading a book, watching a movie, or getting to know a new friend. Some of the most wonderful things are not always revealed immediately, but rather they unfold over time. So I waited for each treasury to share it's essence with me, and listened to what it stirred within me (yes, I'm a dreamer in case you didn't know!!). And the winning treasury spoke to me of quiet mystery, subdued and gentle emotions, softness, love, devotion, humility, beauty. It also had just the right amount of tension, as well as a lovely natural, wild, untamed element - probably due to the beautiful wildlife photography, and that dog. (Oh man, that dog!). Yep, I loved everything about it …

Winter's Patina by Martha from CircleofLifeVA
www.etsy.com/treasury/NzQ4MzI1MHwyNzIzNDg1MjYw/winters-patina

So thank you, well done, and congratulations, to Martha!
And a big thank you also to Carice for picking me as her winner last week and affording me this wonderful experience. And not forgetting Sarah and all the NonTeam volunteers who work so hard for all of us. It is much appreciated! This team truly rocks!


'Winter's Patina' by CircleofLifeVA

Birch Leaf Earrings. Lacy Filigree Brass Earrings. Dangly falling leaves jewelry. Autumn Jewelry. Rustic, Charming, Elegant Earrings. - GoddessOfJewelry
White flower felted brooch pin ---gift under 30 USD -  Ready to Ship now - aureliaLT
Jade Beaded Bracelet Set . Gemstone Bracelets - Jasper Bracelet, Jade Bracelet, Glass Bracelet . 4 Statement Bracelet Set - "Winter Berries" - VintageRoseShop
lomography film print -  tree silhouette zen abstract Diana Mini print purple fall nature photography dream serene fine art  - 8x10 print - ZoiShop
Botanical Necklace  - Nature lover gift one of a kind unique handmade resin jewelry - Goodthings88
Deer in Fog, Nature Photography, Autumn, Minimal Wall Art, Simple, Fall Art Print, Animals, For Him, Purple Decor, Plum - Cautionary Tales - EyePoetryPhotography
Reserved item, Black crochet okapi necklace - statement jewelry - hand made in the Paris - France - Paris fashion - okapiknits
Black horse fine art photography, winter distressed landscape, misty black beauty front view, dramatic landscape, 8 x 8" - Myartspace
Tatami and Tea - Fine Art Photography print 5x7 - GrainnePhotography
White leggings - sheer spandex mesh with white lace inserts, summer, stretch, pretty - large - murmuration
pelei's lips - susansabophotography
blank note card set of 4, original botanical monoprint - 88editions
Dark Vine Heart Earrings -  Mystic Pink Quartz - 3pearls
Fine Art Photography Red Berries and Branches Winter Holiday Gift Christmas Home Decor Soft Focus Ethereal Poe Team Altered 8X10 - AJoyfulStudio
Gloves womens black boudoir by tratgirl james bond inspiration - tratgirl55
vintage pottery bowl, hand built, rustic bowl, raku pottery, raku bowl, - fieldandramble

Congrats to CircleOfLifeVA! She'll be choosing the Inspiration Item for Challenge #107. She'll also be judging it. Check the team discussion page for a "Laying Odds" thread to make suggestions / predictions on the Inspiration Item. We only have today to help them choose their item, so please be sure to pop in.

No comments: