Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Winning Treasury Challenge #119

Some words from 636designs...
 
When Sarah messaged me, to tell me I had won...I asked her "are you sure you have the right person?" I was honestly shocked and surprised! I want to thank Stephanie from LaCocoRouge for choosing my treasury, and allowing me the
opportunity to judge all of your amazing work this week!! I'd also like to thank Sarah so much, for all her help!! I'm so honored to be a part of this group, and I'm amazed every week by the extreme talent that oozes out of all of you!!


You guys took my little Pocket Watch Necklace on some amazing adventures!! From time travels to the past and into the future, down the country back roads, through romance and music, and love and loss. An adventure on the high seas, several trips down the rabbit hole with Alice...and even a quest for world domination! Some were melancholy, some were sweet...and some were really quirky and funny! All of them seemed well thought out, had obviously taken time and effort to create, and were very much appreciated by me :) It was really hard to eliminate so many of them...but in the end, there was one that I just loved from the moment I saw it....

My pick for winner of this week's challenge is: "The Tin Man Gets His Heart" by DonnaWalker


Her "mostly" black and white version of The Tin Man and Oz was amazing to look at and dissect!! I've never seen this story visually depicted this way, and I loved it! It had this dark, quirky vibe that I couldn't get enough of! From the heart soap suds, the girl in the fog, to the witches hand...it was perfect. Even the "fantasy couture ring" looked just like OZ to me! Congrats Donna, you deserve it :)

Thanks to all of you who participated this week! I was honored to be your judge! xoxo

'The Tin Man Gets His Heart' by DonnaWalker

girl winter snow photograph - dcandrews
Pocket Watch Necklace/Pendant - Steampunk Vintage Style - 636designs
Hot Air Balloon Eclipse 8x10 - OnePhotoOneMoment
Assemblage tin man robot with ceramic face and hands - lukesculpture
Antique oil can. Turn of the century Bell and Howell Filmo Oil squirt can for projectors. - SimonEtCie
Black and White Trees - Photography - Fine Arts - Nature - FlowerFairyWorkshop
Gingham - Bowtie Adjustable Dog Collar - playfulpup
Asymmetrical banded silver big 4" cuff bracelet - BISJOUX
Black and White Digital Art Print Download Print Yourself Printable Art - TrudysPrintableArt
Steel Sphere Sculpture,Trio, Industrial Art, Recycled, Atomic Art, Home Decor, Metal Garden Art, Rustic Modern Wedding Centerpiece - NayaStudio
Stacking ring with nugget. Sterling silver - oblissjewellery
Industrial Love XO Repurposed Hugs and Kisses - Hendeys
Valentines Day Decor 25 Hand Made With Love heart charms metal heart tags silver gold hearts wedding favors jewelry crafts scrapbook sewing - TheLonelyHeart
Introduction 8x10 print - jennipenni
fantasy couture ring, one of a kind, industrial plant life, hollow, sterling silver, size 7.25, hand crafted - Q2jewelrycollection
Black Wedding Dress. Black Prom Dress. Black Renaissance Dress. Sizes S, M, L, XL, Plus Size, YOUR Size. Gothic Lolita Dress. Alice. - RenaissanceClothing

Congrats to DonnaWalker! She'll be choosing the Inspiration Item for Challenge #120. She'll also be judging it. Check the team discussion page for a "Laying Odds" thread to make suggestions / predictions on the Inspiration Item. We only have today to help them choose their item, so please be sure to pop in.

No comments: